Monday 24 July 2023

Spring-Summer Update (2023)

We're already more than halfway through the year, so it's time for my spring-summer update! You can see my first update of the year (winter-spring) here: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2023/04/winter-spring-update-2023-happy-beltane.html


Easter Sunday was 8th April this year. I baked the frosted white Easter chocolate cake (James Martin recipe) that I've made quite a few times. I also had a meal at home and got a couple of chocolate eggs, lol. 

At the beginning of May I celebrated Beltane. You can see my post about it here: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2023/05/beltane-2023.html


In mid-June I went to Nando's for a (very) belated birthday meal! (I wasn't able to go around my birthday in March due to various circumstances.) I had my usual chicken butterfly (plain-ish) and chips (fries). I had peri-salted chips for a change. Also some garlic bread. I normally have coleslaw but they didn't have any. And I had strawberry frozen yoghurt for pudding (dessert).

The food was nice. Here's a picture: 


And also in June, I celebrated Litha/the Summer Solstice. Read my post about it here: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2023/07/litha-2023.html


I've been continuing to go to Action for Happiness' Happy CafĂ© meetups fairly regularly. They've moved back to their original venue now, The Seahorse (formerly Brighton Beach Club) on the seafront. I've also been going to Creams afterwards since it's not that far from there! 

As I said in my last update, I hadn't been doing my weekly park walks due to family car problems, but had been a few times. I've been able to get there more regularly again in the past couple of months, which has been good. 

Here is a photo from the park: 

Hove Park- June '23


We had some hot weather in June and as I mentioned in my Shifting into Summer post, there was a heat warning. It's been cooler lately though, around 21C (69F). It's been raining a bit but there have been some nice sunny days too.

There has been a heatwave in mainland Europe recently but there are currently no predictions that it will come to the UK. Last summer it got really hot here but this one is more of a regular British summer! Lol. Hopefully we will get some hotter weather again (but not too hot!).

In mid-June I baked chocolate zucchini (courgette)  cupcakes which I've made several times before. I didn't take a picture but you can see one from when I first made them here: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2021/01/christmas-ginger-poke-cake.html


So that's about it for the update! The first half of the year wasn't so good but it got a bit better as we moved into summer. I also write a mid-year update over on my self-help/spiritual blog Falling Petals. You can see 2023's here: https://fallingpetalsuk.blogspot.com/2023/06/mid-2023-reflections.html

I hope everyone is doing ok and enjoying summer. (Or winter depending where you are!)  How has your spring to summer been? Or your autumn to winter? :)



Read: The Dreamweavers by Barbara Erskine , The The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (one of my favourites that I re-read about once a year), Life in Five Senses by Gretchen Rubin (non-fiction). 


Links I found useful during spring and summer:

Videos on manifesting/the Law of Assumption from Maleeka, is my guardian angel. (formerly The Manifesting House): https://youtube.com/@maleekaismyguardianangel




No comments:

Post a Comment