Sunday 28 June 2020

Litha 2020

Last weekend it was Litha aka the Summer Solstice. (Sat 20th June). As I mentioned in my Litha + Summer Inspiration post I celebrated by making tomato and onion salad and lemonade. The tomato and onion salad is a recipe from The Kitchen Witch book by Soraya, and the lemonade is "Hello Kitty" lemonade (the recipe is from a Hello Kitty book!).

This year I also made some potato salad. The recipe is from Apply to Face Blog and I first made it for Eurovision last year (I like to have some food and drink while watching the contest). Here's a link to the recipe: https://applytofaceblog.com/potato-salad/

I actually forgot to check the recipe before going shopping, so missed some of the ingredients. It ended up being based on the recipe and being mainly potato and red onion! Never mind, lol. I did have some spring greens but we'd forgotten to put them away and they went off. I'm planning to make it "properly" this week. It was still nice though.

I had the tomato and onion salad and the potato salad for lunch with some chicken drumsticks, tortilla bowls and dip. Here's a pic:

In the evening I went to the park and took some sunset pics. Here are a couple:



I haven't been to the park much during lockdown, so it's been nice to go a few times recently.

When I got back I lit a candle since Litha was the longest day and a fire festival, so it's nice to celebrate the light. I used white because I haven't been able to get hold of an orange or yellow one (my preferred colours for this sabbat) recently.  Here's a photo:



So now we're officially in summer and already halfway through the year! The first half of 2020 has been difficult for pretty much everyone with the coronavirus and lockdown/quarantine, and other recent events. Summer is my favourite season so I'm glad it's here. Although it will probably look different to other years since there are still restrictions in place as lockdown eases. It was really hot (at least for the UK, lol) recently, around 30 degrees C (82F) in Sussex, but today it's cooler at  18C (64F).

The next sabbat will be Lammas on 1st August (or 31st July), which is one my favourite festivals! (Apart from Samhain). I'm planning to do a new post about celebrating that.  Also next weekend I will write the May/June update post.

Hope you had a good Litha! Happy Summer! :) Or I hope you had a good Yule if you're in the Southern Hemisphere and Happy Winter! :)


For some summer inspiration check out these posts:

Summer Round-up + Inspiration post from last year: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2019/07/summer-round-up-inspiration.html



P.S. If it's winter where you are, check out these posts:



No comments:

Post a Comment