Monday 8 May 2023

Beltane 2023

Last Monday (1st May) it was Beltane. My main celebration for sabbats is making food and drink, and I usually make salad for Beltane. This time I made kachumbari (a Kenyan tomato and onion salad) again. The recipe is from Precious Core: https://www.preciouscore.com/kachumbari/

I've made it several times and it's always nice. Precious' version also has avocado in. I had it for my lunch along with ciabatta bread, grilled chicken, shop bought guacamole (some years I make my own) and crisps (chips). Here's a picture: 


I also had some Belvoir Farms elderflower drink. 

In the evening I went to Lancing Beach for sunset. I got an iced coffee from Perch CafĂ© while I was there! 

It was a nice day and lovely sunset. Here are a couple of photos:

Sunset on Lancing Beach.


When I got back, I lit a white candle, since Beltane is a fire festival. Here's a pic: 


So now we've just passed mid-spring and we're moving towards summer. The next sabbat will be Litha/the Summer Solstice on 21st June and also the "official" start of summer. I will do a post about my celebrations. 

The weather has been varied lately (some warner, sunny days and some rainy ones) which is typical of spring really.  The hottest it's been in my area is about 16C (about 60F). Nights are still quite chilly. 

Hope you had a good Beltane! (Or hope you had a good Samhain! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment