Sunday 8 May 2022

Beltane 2022

Last weekend it was Beltane (Sunday 1st May or Saturday 30th April if you celebrate from sundown to sundown). As I mentioned in my Happy Beltane! post, I like to make salad for this sabbat. This year I made kachumbari (a Kenyan tomato and onion salad), which I first came across in 2019. Here is the recipe from the site Precious Core: https://www.preciouscore.com/kachumbari/

Precious' version has avocado and cucumber as well as tomato and red onion. I had the salad with some ciabatta bread, shop bought guacamole (I make my own some years but this year I bought it!) and chicken for my lunch. Here's a picture:

The colour isn't the best but never mind!


I also had some white grape and elderflower drink from Tesco. 

In the evening I lit a white candle since Beltane is a fire festival. Here's a pic: 

The rainbow is a leftover decoration from my birthday!

 

I had planned to go to the beach at sunset to take some pics, but it was a dull day and there wasn't really a sunset. So, I went the next day instead (similar to last year!). The sunset was more pastel colours than the fiery one when I last went on Imbolg, but still nice.  Here a couple of photos:

Sunset on Lancing Beach.


So now we're in the middle of spring and moving towards summer. The weather has been very changeable this spring, warming up in March and then colder again as April started. Last month was when I really started to feel the shift to the lighter half of the year though, with the longer days and more light (it takes me a while to "settle" into the year). It's warmer today at 18C (64F).

The next sabbat will be Litha/the Summer Solstice in June which marks the official start of summer! I will probably do a post about that nearer the time. Hope everyone is doing ok. :)

Hope you had a good Beltane! (Or Samhain!) :)





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely Beltane celebration. Candles are a must on the season's last sabbat for me as well (though, really, it rare for me not to utilized candles in various ways for each of the sabbats). If I have any to hand, I love burning yellow (or natural beeswax) ones, but if not, white, pink, green, or any other springtime hue works every bit as well, too.

    Hard to believe that we are now inching towards both the middle of the year and Litha's return. For all of the very substantial issues impacting the world at present, it is rather remarkable how quickly (to me at least) 2022 is zooming by. Does it feel quite speedy to you as well?

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Autumn, glad you enjoyed reading about it! Yes, candles are great to use for any sabbat. Yellow and natural beeswax ones sound lovely. :)

      Yes, the first half of the year does feel like it's gone quickly for me too. I find that some months can feel long to me, but then it will still seem like the year is going by quickly. A bit hard to explain, lol. June to August is my favourite time of year, with summer starting.

      Thanks again for taking the time to visit and leave comments! I really appreciate it. :) Look forward to catching up with your posts soon.

      Wishing you a wonderful start to summer and the 2nd half of the year!

      ❤️ Zania

      Delete