Saturday 21 December 2013

Soups

I thought I would do a  post on soups because they're good to have at this time of year. :)

I mentioned in my post on Sam Stern's Potato and Onion Soup before that I wanted to make his Potato and Onion and Herb one. I did make it last month and it was nice but I prefer it without the herbs. It's pretty similar to the Potato and Onion recipe but it has garlic and tarragon in it. Here's a link to the Potato, Onion & Herb recipe: http://www.samstern.co.uk/recipe/potato-onion-herb-soup/

And here's a picture of mine:




I also made Carrot and Parsnip Soup recently, using this recipe: http://www.erinlindstrom.com/carrotandparsnipsoup/

It was quite nice but I didn't like it as much as the Potato and Onion Soup. Here's a pic of mine:




 It's quite lumpy rather than smooth because I don't have a hand blender anymore! I need to get a new one, lol.


P.S. Today is the Wiccan sabbat Yule (the winter solstice and shortest day). I will post about what I did for it tomorrow or Monday. Merry Yule! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment