Sunday 10 October 2021

Summer-Autumn Update

It's now October so time for my quarterly update! During 2021 I'm doing quarterly updates, from "season to season". You can see the previous updates here:

Winter-Spring (and a Beltane Round-up): https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2021/04/winter-spring-update-beltane-round-up.html

Spring-Summer Update: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2021/07/spring-summer-update.html

 

In early July I went to the Black Rabbit pub in Arundel with my mum. It was ages since I'd been, so it was good to go back. Due to the pandemic you currently have to book a table. We sat outside by the river, and there's a nice view of the River Arun and Arundel Castle in the distance. It wasn't that warm and a bit cloudy but then the sky cleared. I had chips (fries) and garlic flatbread with a Coke, then some chocolate and cream (I think clotted cream type) ice cream.

Here's a photo of the view by the river:

 


 

On 19th July we opened up fully in England (we'd been in our 3rd lockdown since January). The rest of the UK has similarly opened up now. I was glad to see lockdown lift, but still cautious. Some places still advise/encourage you to wear masks and social distance etc. 

On 1st August I celebrated Lammas. You can read my post about it here:  https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2021/08/lammas-2021.html


At the beginning of September, I went to Goring (part of Worthing) Beach. I had an ice cream and went for a walk. I hadn't been for almost a year, so it was good to get back there. Afterwards I got a mocha frappe from Starbucks in Worthing. 

Here's a picture from the beach:

 

 

You can see another pic I shared in my September gratitude list over on my Falling Petals blog: https://fallingpetalsuk.blogspot.com/2021/09/gratitude-list.html


On 22nd September I celebrated Madron aka Mabon/the Autumn Equinox. You can read my post about that here: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2021/10/madron-2021.html

 

Also, in late Sept I went to my belly dance groups hafla (dance party) in Brighton. I hadn't seen them or danced out of the house in about 18 months, so it was really nice to do that. :) I was anxious about going on the bus since I hadn't been on one for ages, but it was ok. There aren't the lockdown rules currently which makes it easier.

I also walk regularly in the park and it's nice to observe the changing seasons. Here's a picture of an August sunset in Hove Park: 

 

Sunset in Hove Park.


After a "mini-heatwave" in May and June (which I mentioned in my Spring-Summer post, it went colder again. And then during July and early September we had some more hot weather (or hot for the UK anyway!). I think it was about 26/27C (78.8/80.6F) here in Sussex, so as not as hot it has been some years. At the moment it's an average of 17C (63F) and definitely feeling like autumn! I've transitioned from making my own iced coffees to hot chocolate now. (Although I like to drink shop bought iced coffees year-round, lol.)

So that's it! We're now fully in autumn and moving towards Samhain/Hallowe'en (my favourite sabbat apart from Lammas!). I'm planning to do a Samhain round-up post soon, so look out for that. :) Visit the Madron 2021 post for some autumn inspiration (links at bottom of page): https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2021/10/madron-2021.html

There's also a spring link for those in the Southern Hemisphere. :)


How was your summer and how is your autumn going? Or was your winter and how is your spring going? :) 


P.S. I'm taking part in the Hunting For Autumn photo challenge organised by Jaye Rockett. I've been signed up to her newsletter for the past couple of years and now I have Instagram, I can post my own photos there. Sign up to the newsletter here: https://jayerockett.us19.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=d63a1f5733def20479f140bbf&id=290d9d4153

If you have an Instagram account and want to take part, here's the official Hunting For Autumn page: https://www.instagram.com/huntingforautumn/

And you can follow me here if you like!: https://www.instagram.com/moonstarsparkle17/ 

2 comments:

  1. Sweet dear, I know that a fair amount of time has elapsed since you posted this, but I am catching up on your blog this afternoon and want to leave you some comments in the process.

    It is seriously cool that you are involved with belly dancing. It is such an exciting, beautiful form of dance.

    The clotted cream chocolate ice cream that you savoured that day sounds downright incredible! Though, in general, I am more of a salty/savoury person than someone with a big sweet tooth, ice cream is a notable exception to that statement for me. :D

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Autumn, thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog, read the posts and leave comments! It's really nice to have the support. :)

      Thanks! I haven't had the chance to do much dancing in the past couple of years due to the pandemic/lockdowns etc., but my dance group has had a few more haflas since I wrote this post and I just went to one this past weekend. I'm also planning to go to a workshop in March.

      It was nice! Are you a fan of frozen yoghurt/yogurt? It didn't used to be that popular in the UK but I think it has become more available in the past 10 years or so. It's actually my birthday next week and I'm planning to have some frozen yoghurt for dessert at Nando's!

      Thanks again for visiting and I will respond to your other comments as well. :)

      Zania <3

      Delete