Monday 28 March 2016

Easter Chocolate Fridge Cake/Squares

As I mentioned in my Oestara post I was planning to make something for Easter but since my oven is broken at the moment, it had to be something "No-bake". I ended up making chocolate fridge cake (or squares, since you cut it into squares) for Easter Sunday yesterday. It's actually similar to the Birdies Perch Malteser slice I made for Oestara (click the link above to see it). They tend to be known as "fridge cakes", at least in the UK.

Here's the recipe for the chocolate fridge squares: http://www.ultimatefoodies.com/recipe/default.aspx?artefactID=51

It's quite an easy recipe, made with chocolate, butter and condensed milk then you add the crushed digestive biscuits (the Birdies Perch Malteser slice has golden syrup and no condensed milk). I put Cadbury's Mini Eggs on the top, since I couldn't get any in time for Oestara. Here's a pic:




It came out quite nice, the only thing is that it's a bit gooey on the bottom. I might have needed to add a few more digestives. But it tastes nice, which is the main thing! It's smoother on the top, I think because of the condensed milk. It's good to have easy recipes which you can do even when you don't have a working oven (or if you don't have one at all).

Also I had a go at dyeing eggs like I did last year but they didn't come out so well this time. (I only made pink ones). Never mind, lol.


Happy Easter! Hope you had a good one. :)


P.S. I've updated my Pinterest Seasonal board for spring, check it out here: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/moonsparkle84/seasonal/

No comments:

Post a Comment