Sunday 28 March 2021

Oestara 2021

Last Saturday it was Oestara, (more commonly known as Ostara) aka the Spring Equinox.  As I mentioned in the Happy Oestara! post, my main celebration was baking. This year I actually did some "no-baking, since I made a Birdies Perch Malteser slice, which is one of my favourite things to make. The recipe is from Sam Stern. Read more about it and find a link to the recipe here: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2013/09/birdies-perch-malteser-slice.html

I last made it for Oestara in 2016. That year I made it a bit differently, but this Oestara I stuck to my usual recipe. I put Cadbury Mini Eggs on top to fit the theme! Here's a picture:


It hadn't quite set when I took the pic! :)

I also planned to go up to my favourite nature reserve at sunset but there wasn't much of one, so I went the next day instead. Here are a couple of photos:

 

Sunset on Mill Hill, Shoreham-by-sea.


This photo was taken with my new phone, so it's looks different!


So now it's officially spring! It's still quite chilly today, but we're meant to be getting a mini heatwave this coming week. It's going to get colder again after that though. 

It's hard to believe that it's now been a year since we first went into lockdown in the UK due to the coronavirus! The day I published my Oestara 2020 post was actually the day we went into lockdown, but I must have written it before it was announced. We've been in our 3rd lockdown in England since January, but the rules are set to lift a bit from tomorrow. 

I'm looking forward to the days continuing to get longer. The clocks just went forward today too, which means sunset is an hour later. Hopefully over the spring and summer lockdown will be able to be eased more. 


Hope you had a good Oestara/Spring Equinox! (Or Madron/Mabon/Autumn Equinox!). :) 

 

P.S. Check out these posts for some spring inspiration (find autumn inspiration links at the top of both posts):

Oestara + Spring Inspiration: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2020/03/oestara-spring-inspiration.html

Winter Photos + Preparing for Spring: https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/2021/03/winter-photos-preparing-for-spring.html

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment